Rutland HRSi 12/24v Regulator
Marlec’s HRSi Charge Regulator once again leads the small wind turbine industry in technology and product features. The HRSi conveniently brings together a Rutland Windcharger charge regulator with an input for up to 160Watts of photovoltaic panels in a single easy to install device. Multi-stage charge control delivers appropriate charge levels required to ensure your batteries get the maximum power they are able to retain and remain float charged.
Suitable for charge regulation of the Rutland 504, 914i & FM910-4 Furlmatic model windchargersHRSi Features
- Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) regulation is now more finely controlled using the latest programmable microcontrollers
- The HRSi monitors battery voltage and uses PWM to prevent overcharge.
- As peak voltages are reached the HRSi regulates the current from the wind & solar chargers gradually reducing the charge to float stage level.
- This feature gradually reduces the speed of the turbine to an eventual “idle” thus extending the working life of the windcharger.
- As the battery discharges the wind turbine responds by increasing speed to deliver more power.
- Solar power is also tapered in the same way.
- Intelligent Microcontroller system is programmed to deliver bulk and float phase charging.
- This feature ensures that batteries are optimally charged, especially when unattended.
- LED indicators keep the user informed about battery voltage levels and charging status
- The HRSi regulator can charge a single bank of batteries at either 12 Volts or 24 Volts.
- Manual shutdown switch allows the user to stop the wind & solar chargers from delivering power to the battery if required.
- The windcharger slows to a 'idle' in this mode.
- Easy to connect terminals to interface windcharger, solar panels & battery connection in one.
- Temperature compensation automatically adjusts the settings of the regulator to take account of varying temperatures thus ensuring maximum charging efficiency in all conditions.
- Built in blocking diode avoids conflict with other charging sources to the same battery. (See note 1 below)
- Automatic voltage detection for 12 Volt or 24 Volt systems. (See note 2 below)
- Built-in charge fuse protects the wiring circuit in the event of accidental reverse polarity connection. (See note 3 below)
HRSi Notes:Technical Data
1. Solar panels must be fitted with diodes
2. Batteries must be connected first for auto detection
3. Care should be taken when connecting the HRSi, as with all electrical devices, reverse polarity connection will cause damage to the HRSi
- Input Capacity:
- 1 x Rutland 914i or FM910-4 Furlmatic or Rutland 504 Windcharger plus 160 Watts peak rated solar panels maximum. For connection to a single battery bank ( wired in parallel for 12 Volt and in series for 24 Volt)
- Dimensions: Product 130 x 80 x 42 mm 185g Packaged 160 x 110 x 60 mm 255g
- HRSi LED Display: