Icom M35 Waterproof Handheld VHF With Clearvoice Function
Icom are pleased to launch the new Icom M35 buoyant VHF marine handheld transceiver. The Icom M35 is the latest in Icom's line-up of rugged marine handhelds and comes with a great new feature that all boat users will love - Clear Audio Boost!
Clear Voice Boost (Clear Voice + Voice Boost)
In marine environments there are many sources of noise that can affect the quality of your communications, such as engine noise, roar of the waves etc. The Icom M35 automatically adjusts the outgoing voice and the incoming audio to compensate for the ambient noise level: whether you're in a loud environment or in a quiet area, the Icom M35 ensures your radio conversation is sent and received as clearly as possible.
When you need an instant boost in the volume, a simple push of the LOUD button gives you full volume immediately. In addition, holding the LOUD button mutes the audio output.
Noise cancelling microphone
The sub-microphone on the rear panel inverts phase and cancels out ambient noise from the main microphone. As a result, the Icom M35 reduces the affect of background noise (particularly trebly noise) from the transmitted signal and makes it easier to catch voice communication.
Automatic volume adjustment
In a high noise environment, the sub-microphone detects the ambient noise and the Icom M35 automatically increases the volume output to suit the surrounding environment.
700mW audio output
The Icom M35 employs a bridge-tied load (BTL) audio amplifier to increase the audio output power. The internal speaker delivers a loud 700mW (typical) audio output with clear sound even in noisy environments.
And yes, it floats too!
Just like the Icom M33, the Icom M35 floats in the water. If the radio is dropped over the side, it will come to the surface so you can retrieve it. As the radio has a rugged, waterproof body, it will keep on working even after it has been submerged*.
* 1m depth for 30 minutes, equivalent to IPX7. Please note that the IC-M35 is not designed to be used under the water.
6W RF output with low power consumption
Although the Icom M35 delivers a high 6W RF output and 700mW audio output, its current saving circuit offers 8 hours* of operating time with the supplied 980mAh Lithium-Ion battery pack.
* Typical operation with Tx (Hi): Rx: standby=5:5:90
Large buttons and slim dimensions
The Icom M35 has large, easy-to-operate buttons that provides intuitive operation. A slender design body makes it extremely natural to handle.
Easy to see LCD with large channel indication
The Icom M35 has an easy to see large LCD (32 x 16 mm) with a clear 2-digit channel number indication. The LCD is laid out on the top of the front panel not to be covered with your hand. LCD and key backlighting is standard for night time operation.
• The noise cancellation can produce little or no effect in some conditions depending on type of noise, or the position and distance between the noise source and the microphone, etc.
• The noise cancellation does not work when an optional external speaker-microphone is connected.
- Keypad backlighting
- Waterproof construction equivalent to IPX7 (1m depth for 30 minutes)
- Optional battery case for use with alkaline cells (The Icom M35 floats flat when this battery case is connected)
- Dual/Tri-watch functions
- 4-step battery life indicator
- Auto scan function
- Instant access to Ch 16 or programmable call channel
- Soft flexible antenna supplied
- Quick channel selection with Favourite channel function
- AquaQuake draining function
Whats in the box..