- Physical Dimensions: 29.3 x 18.8 x 7.4 cm
- Display Size: 16.2 x 12.1 cm, 20.3 cm diagonal
- Display Resolution: 800 x 600 pixels
- Display Type: SVGA display
- Weight: 1.6 kg
- Water Rating: IPX7
- Mounting Options: Bail, flat or flush
- Power Consumption, Max power at 10 Vdc: 14 W, Typical current draw at 12 Vdc: 1.1 A, Max current draw at 12 Vdc: 3.2 A
- Antenna: Internal with external connection
- Transmit Power: 1 kW (600W CHIRP)
- Receiver: 10 Hz high-sensitivity
- Garmin Marine Network™ Ports: 1
- Preloaded Maps: None
- Accepts Data Cards: 2 SD™ cards
8z Keyed Chartplotter/Sonar Combo for Cruising, Sailing or Fishing
- Keyed chartplotter/sonar combo with 8” colour SVGA display
- Compatible with BlueChart® g2 Vision and BlueChart® g2 mapping
- Built-in Garmin HD-ID™ 1 kW sonar, CHIRP and ClearVü™ scanning sonar with CHIRP technology
- High-sensitivity internal 10 Hz GPS/GLONASS receiver
- Supports all Garmin marine radar
The GPSMAP 820xs keyed chartplotter/sonar combo has a 8” colour SVGA display and comes preloaded with a worldwide basemap. HD-ID 1 kW sonar, CHIRP and ClearVü with CHIRP sonar technology are built-in allowing you the flexibility to choose from several optional transducers.
Extreme Sonar Capabilities
The built-in sonar capabilities of the GPSMAP 820xs gives you the freedom and flexibility to choose from several optional transducers, including traditional, CHIRP and all-in-one HD-ID/ClearVü scanning sonar with CHIRP technology. Add a GCV™ 10 black box sonar for both ClearVü and SideVü™ scanning sonar with CHIRP technology (sold separately).
When used with a compatible CHIRP transducer (sold separately), GPSMAP 820xs displays crystal-clear sonar images detailing fishing hot spots, ship wreckage or a diving location. With Garmin CHIRP technology, you get remarkable target separation and resolution at extraordinary depths, and can dial into specific frequencies to target certain species of sport fish. Bottom contours are more visible, even at speed, and signal noise can be suppressed at greater depths to provide a more timely interpretation of what’s below for safer navigation and better fishing.
Super-fast 10 Hz GPS/GLONASS
High-sensitivity internal 10 Hz GPS/GLONASS provides position and heading updates 10 times per second. It displays fluid on-screen location and proves to be incredibly accurate when marking 5,000 waypoints and navigating.
NMEA 2000® Support
This combo allows you to add more capabilities to your boat. It provides NMEA 2000 support so you can see valuable information on your screen for Garmin autopilot, engine data, SiriusXM® Weather radar and more.
Share Maps in the Quickdraw Community
Quickdraw Contours is a free, easy-to-use software feature that is already installed on your Garmin. It instantly creates your very own personalised HD fishing maps with 1 foot contours. Tailor them to fit your needs. They’re your maps. You own them. Keep the data to yourself or share it with the Quickdraw Community on Garmin Connect™. There’s no special surveying expertise required. You just fish while it creates maps. You don’t have to wait around or send your files away like other mapping software requires — your results appear instantly. Use with any Garmin Panoptix™, any HD-ID™, any CHIRP-enabled, Garmin ClearVü™ transducer or NMEA 2000®-compatible depth transducer. Have more than 1 sonar device installed onboard? Quickdraw Contours automatically selects the most capable sonar device to provide the very best results for you!
The GPSMAP 820xs offers select networking capabilities that allow you to share features with other compatible GPSMAP units, such as radar, GCV 10 ClearVü and SideVü scanning sonar, supplemental maps, and user data, such as waypoints, routes and tracks.
Special Sailing Features
Supported sailing features include laylines, enhanced wind rose, heading and course-over-ground lines, and true wind data fields.
Enhanced Auto Guidance
Just enter the location where you want to go and patented Garmin Auto Guidance technology instantly searches through relevant charts to create a safe virtual pathway on the display that helps you avoid low bridges, shallow water and other charted obstructions en route.
Better still, with enhanced Version 2.0, you now have access to even more features and capabilities. You’re able to adjust the calculated Auto Guidance pathway by inserting “via” points at interim stops or landmarks along your desired route. You can easily review hazard points along your calculated path. And you can even engage your compatible Garmin autopilot to follow the Auto Guidance route, automatically. Other 2.0 enhancements give you the ability to calculate arrival times at any point on your route (great for timing arrivals to correspond with bridge openings and other time-critical events). Better still, you can now save your plotted Auto Guidance paths for future navigation by backing them up on an SD™ card with your BlueChart® g2 Vision® or Lake Vü™ HD Ultra cartography¹.
GPX Waypoints Transfer
If you have waypoints, tracks or frequently used routes stored on another manufacturer’s GPS product – or on a Garmin handheld device – now it’s easier than ever to transfer those items to your new Garmin chartplotter, via industry-standard GPX software formatting. GPX is an open standard format for GPS data exchange across platforms and applications. With this easy-to-use interface technology, Garmin has taken “no waypoint left behind” to a whole new level of trade-up convenience.
Panoptix™ Down Transducer
With 1 Panoptix Down transducer, you get 3 remarkable views, allowing you to actually see fish and bait swimming around under your boat – in real time. You can even see fish in the water column in 3-D, from the bottom to the surface. You can be stationary yet still see things in 3-D below your boat.
- Livevü Down: Shows real-time moving sonar images below the boat. This screen shows bait drop echo trail movement in purple with sonar history data at left.
- Realvü 3-D Down: Scans the area below the boat from front to back and side to side. This screen shows a school of fish sitting against the back side of vertical face, on Pport side of boat 35 feet deep.
- Realvü 3-D Historical: Scrolls through the data as the boat moves to show the history of entire water columns – from the bottom to the surface and all of the fish in between. This screen shows the boat passing over a stream channel with a school of fish between 30 to 40 feet.
Panoptix Forward Transducer
One Panoptix Forward transducer provides 2 impressive views, even while your boat is stationary. It shows the bottom plus fish and bait swimming in the water column in front of your boat – in real time. You can even see your lure as you reel it in. You can also get 3-D views of fish and structure in front of your boat.
- Livevü Forward: Updates are provided with a single ping, providing real-time moving images of what’s in the water. This screen shows a large target (a diver) approaching the boat.
- Realvü 3-D Forward: Digitally scans the area in front of the boat, creating a forward-looking 3-D view of the bottom, structure and fish. This screen shows fish targets at 10 feet and drawing bottom depth of 20 feet.