Furuno FA-170 Navigational Aid - AIS System
- Class A AIS transponder
- Clear 4.3' color display
- Displays information about the AIS-equipped ships, as well as, coastal stations and Aids to Navigations within VHF coverage
- Outputs AIS data to ECDIS, radar and other navigational equipment for collision avoidance support
- Sufficient output ports for dual configuration of ECDIS and radar system
- LAN interface available for efficient network integration into a bridge system
- BAM (Bridge Alert Management) ready Meets the specific requirements for alerts and interconnection with Bridge Alert Management as specified in IMO MSC.302 (87).
- Optional pilot plug available
- Receives AIS-SART signals for assisting in streamlining SAR activities
Displays symbols for AIS-equipped ships, base stations, AIS-SARTs, and so on.Target list
When you select a certain target, the information about the ship (MMSI (or name, when available), heading, SOG, COG, etc.) is displayed.
The FA-170 can store up to 2048 AIS targets and AIS-SARTs.
When you select one target from the list and press [ENT] key, the pop-up window is generated.
The FA-170 displays the detailed information on the selected target. Also, you can create an AIS message or send a name request to the target ship.
Dangerous target list
The dangerous target list displays the name and particulars of targets classified as dangerous targets.Own ship information
Displays own ship's position, heading, ROT, COG, SOG, destination, ship size, MMSI, name, and so on.
When you enter the voyage-related data, you can select a destination from the list. Up to 20 destination names can be preset on the list. Cut, copy and paste functions are available while editing the list. Alert list
Displays all (current and past) alerts Short safety-related messages
Short safety-related messages can be exchanged with a specified MMSI or all AIS-equipped ships via VHF channels.
The FA-170 can store up to 20 transmitted, as well as up to 20 received messages.
When you select one message and press [ENT] key, the pop-up window is generated where the message contents can be viewed and reply messages can be created for transmission.