- Ideal solution for permanent installation and new builds
- Network Interface for connection to one PC or to a Router for shared long range connection
- Easy to setup and control from any browser through web based interface
- Adjustable (up to 600mW) Wi-Fi modem and high gain (12dBm) omni-directional antenna gives ERP up to 4W
- Supplied with threaded deck mount for antenna and 10m of low loss LMR400 coax cable
- Supplied with 1m network cable – can be extended with any CAT5 network cable (up to 50m)
- Requires connection to boats 12v DC supply
- No drivers – works with all popular operating systems; Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Mac OS X and LINUX compatible
The new marine WiFi solution WL510 allows boat owners to connect to Wi-Fi hot spots so that their on board PC’s or equipment can connect to the internet. Great marine WiFi solution to get a fast internet on board. With internet connectivity on board you can download the latest weather or chart updates as well as having a mobile office on board. Most harbours and ports have either free or subscription based services available.
The system has a compact, DC powered below deck mounted 600mW booster/modem and external, hi-gain (12dBm) antenna with 10m (33ft) low loss LMR400 coax interconnect cable. The antenna measures 0.9m (2.95ft) and can be supplied with deck, mast and industry standard 1” x 14TPI mountings.
The WL510 modem connects to an on board PC through a regular RJ45 CAT5 network cable for simple driver free installation. Connect the WL510 to a router and everyone on board can share the long range wireless internet connection. Compatible with all popular operating systems; Windows XP/Vista/7, Mac OS X 10.3 (and higher) and LINUX, the WL510 supports 802.11b/g protocols as well as WEP/WPA/WPA2 encryption.
Wi-Fi range depends on many local factors, but Digital Yacht has seen ranges of up to 4-6 miles with this low cost system. In general, using an internal Wi-Fi adaptor typically found on a notebook, you’ll be lucky to find the signal at the end of the dock, so if you plan to access the internet whilst on board, the WL510 could be the solution for you.