B&G Vulcan 12 Display With 4G Radar Scanner
Complete with 20M Radar Cable
The B&G Vulcan 12 is a great value, large screen sailing chartplotter designed for coastal cruising and club racing. This easy-to-use, intuitive 12-inch multi-touch screen is packed with B&G’s unique sailing features including SailSteer and RacePanel. Simply integrate with your existing system, expansion is simple as Vulcan is NMEA 2000®, Broadband Radar™, ForwardScan™ and autopilot ready; and features built-in 10Hz GPS and Wi-Fi.
• Easy to use, large screen, multi-touch display
• Dedicated sailing features for cruising or racing: SailSteer, SailingTime, RacePanel, Laylines
• Easy to integrate – Connect Vulcan to an existing system and add basic sailing components
• Broadband Radar™ and ForwardScan™ ready
• Integrated Wi-Fi
• Control your B&G Pilot
• Instrument data display
B&G Vulcan has an easy-to-use, intuitive, multi-touch screen. Use the familiar pinch to zoom and swipe to pan actions to explore the many benefits to make your life on the water easier and safer; add waypoints and plan your route with ease.
Dedicated Sailing features for cruising and racing.
With B&G’s award-winning sailing functions, you can see all of your key sailing data together on one screen, or overlaid on charts for the modern sailor’s ultimate navigational view. Simply add sailing instruments and sensors to activate B&G SailSteer, which will provide an intuitive graphic display of your Boat Speed, Wind data, Heading, Tide, Wind Shift Sectors and even Laylines. It’s easy to add waypoints or plot a course; and with B&G SailingTime you’ll see waypoint arrival times based on a sailing course and tidal effects, rather than a straight-line calculation.
Get more from your Vulcan by expanding your system via the industry-standard NMEA 2000® network. You can add sailing instruments and sensors, as well as autopilot, Broadband Radar™, ForwardScan™ or SonicHub™ to create a system to suit your needs.
Vulcan can be used as a secondary autopilot controller providing easy access to Intelligent Sail Steering, manual and auto steering functions, and Smart Maneuver functionality combined with intuitive menus for ultimate control.
B&G Broadband 3G™ or 4G™ Radar integrates with Vulcan to keep watch as you sail, with the ability to identify and track targets from 36 nautical miles away (4G) to right off the bow.
With the addition of a ForwardScan™ transducer, you can see what lies ahead under the water with approaching depth information. Explore poorly-charted or unfamiliar waters confidently.
Vulcan features built-in Wi-Fi and offers easy access to selected online services, including PredictWind weather forecasts and routing, via marina or smartphone hotspots. Or use the Wi-Fi to mirror the screen of your Vulcan 12 to a compatible smartphone or tablet, for a cost-effective dual-station solution you can take anywhere on board.
1280 x 800
20W (1500 mA @ 13.5 V)
-15ºC to +55ºC (5ºF to +131ºF)
|GPS Antenna Type|
10 Hz Internal
2 x microSD, Ethernet/Radar: 1 port (5 pin connector), NMEA 2000, Power, Sonar Transducer, WiFi
50 Tracks, 500 Routes, 6000 Waypoints
3G Radar, 4G Radar, AUS/NZ CMAP MAXN, Europe North CMAP MAXN, Europe South CMAP MAXN, US CMAP MAXN, Vulcan 12 (display only)
Joining the family of award-winning Broadband 3G™ Radar and BR24 Broadband Radar™ — the world’s first recreational marine FMCW system — Broadband 4G Radar delivers 50-percent greater range and target detection than Broadband 3G Radar. All 4G radar models feature revolutionary Beam Sharpening technology that provides the sharpest-possible radar images. When networked with most display options, the new Simrad and B&G Broadband 4G models also have the unprecedented ability to present dual-range radar returns from a single scanner, combined with the benefits of greater high-speed operation.* For optimal target separation, Broadband 4G Radar is the world’s first dome radar to use Beam Sharpening, which significantly improves azimuth resolution — the effective horizontal beam width of the radar signal. The result is a resolution that is equivalent to a 3.5-foot, open-array radar. When combined with a B&G Zeus multifunction display, the system’s user-defined, target-separation control allows users to adjust the level of separation to meet specific navigational needs.
The B&G Broadband 4G Radars’ exclusive dual-range functionality makes them the only recreational radars capable of displaying distances from 200 feet to 36 nautical miles — all from a single dome. The ultimate navigational safety tool, Broadband 4G Radar allows boaters to see a buoy 200 feet away on the multifunction display, while simultaneously monitoring coastal projections up to 36 nautical miles. In addition, B&G Broadband 4G Radar models can track up to 10 MARPA targets per range — each with independent control, for a total of 20 tracked targets in split-screen mode.
All Broadband 4G Radars provide an unequalled number of working ranges, 18, for premier performance and navigational awareness. Providing intuitive and easy-to-use operation, each model also features smart, pre-defined Offshore and Harbour modes on all ranges without requiring special tuning knowledge.
Broadband 4G Radar not only raises the bar in radome performance by providing far superior resolution at long-range distances, it also delivers the same exceptional close-range capability that is signature to Broadband Radar. The system marks objects within 2 meters (6.5 feet) of the boat, providing target definition and separation in close quarters where traditional pulse radar is blind. Maintaining high-sensitivity and clarity in all weather conditions, the radar provides easy-to-view detail of targets even in high-sea states.
- Compliance FCC/IC/R&TTE FCC ID: RAY3G4G IC ID: 4697A-3G4G Human Exposure General Public Safety Limit - touch dome anywhere
- Environmental IEC60945 4th edition 2002-2008 Operating Temperature: -25° to +55°C Relative humidity: +35°C, 95% RH Waterproof: IPX6
- Relative wind velocity 51 m/sec (Max:100 Knots)
- Power consumption Operating: 20W (Typ.) @ 13.8VDC(21W in dual range mode) Standby: 3.3W (Typ.) @ 13.8VDC ~ 150ma
- DC input (at end of radar cable) 9V to 31.2Vdc (12/24 Volt systems). Reverse polarity protection Minimum start-up voltage 10.8Vdc
- Transmitter Source (pre-heating time) No magnetron - Instant On
- Outside dimensions Height 280mm (11.02”) x Diameter 488mm (19.28”)
- Weight (no cable) 7.4 kg (16.3 lbs)
Radar and Antenna Parameters
- Radar Ranges 50m (200ft) to 66km (36nm) with 18 range settings (nm/sm/km) - single and dual range mode (independant)
- Rotation 24/36/48rpm +/- 10%; Mode and MFD model dependant
- Transmitter frequency X-band - 9.3 to 9.4Ghz
- Transmitter source(warm-up time) No Magnetr - all solid state. Instant On
- Plane of polarization Horizontal Polarization
- Transmitter peak power output (at antenna port) 165mW (nominal - at antenna port)
- Main Bang Dead Zone & Tuning None (not a pulse radar)
- Sea and Rain Clutter 3-5 times less than a pulse radar
- Sweep Repetition Frequency 200 - 540Hz (mode dependant)
- Sweep Time 1.3ms +/- 10%
- Sweep Bandwidth 75MHz max
- Horizontal Beam width (Tx and Rx antenna) 5.2° +/- 10% (-3dB width)
- Vertical Beam width (Tx and Rx antenna) 25° +/- 20% (-3dB width)
- Side lobe level (Tx and Rx antenna) Below -18dB (within ±10°); Below -24dB (outside ±10°)
- Noise figure Less than 6dB
In the box:
- Com Protocol High Speed Ethernet (100 Base-T)
- Heading NMEA2000/Simnet (with RI-10 interface box)
- Inter Connecting cable length 20m (65.6’)
- Maximum Inter Connecting cable length 30m (98.4’) - available as an option
- Bolts (4) M8x30 - 304 stainless steel
- Footprint W233.0mm (9.17”) (port to starboard) x L141.5mm (5.57”)
- 4g radome
- 20m Radar interconnection (9mm diameter) cable
- RI10 interface box
- 6ft ethernet cable