Multiplex or Autoswitch up to 5 NMEA devices to your PC, Chart-plotter, Radar, Autopilot and more, with NMEA 0183 HS compatibility and ISO-Drive ...
This Actisense NMEA Multiplexer / Combiner allows connection of up to five NMEA (National Marine Electronics Association) inputs, and multiplexes / combines or autoswitches them to its two fully isolated NMEA outputs.
This approach offers these major advantages:
- Completely removes the need for isolated power supplies - as the NDC-4 creates a full 2500v isolation barrier between it's inputs and each of it's ISO-Drive outputs
- Enables the vessel owner complete access to all NMEA data sources, instead of the standard one device
- Any problematic or unwanted NMEA sentences can be filtered out / blocked, to help intelligently reduce the NMEA data to a manageable amount and prevent data loops
- Each NMEA input device is Opto-isolated from all other NMEA device in the system
- Significant reductions in installation cost (from reduced cable lengths and requiring only one NMEA cable to be routed around the bridge to supply the multiplexed NMEA data
- The NDC-4 has two ISO-Drive outputs which are fully compatible with all standards: NMEA 0183 (RS422), RS485 and PC RS232 ports.
New feature: The autoswitching feature of the NSW-1 has now been added to the NDC-4, making it the single most feature rich Multiplexer available in the marine market. The NDC-4 can either operate in 'Combine mode' as before, or the new 'Autoswitch mode' to behave like the original Actisense NSW-1 Autoswitch product.
Electrical spike protection is provided as standard on all four input channels using opto-isolators. This protects any connected equipment from most system faults; a particularly valuable benefit as equipment requiring the most data, such as a PC or chart plotter, is often the most expensive to repair or replace.
The NDC-4 Data Multiplexer contains intelligent software that manages the multiplexing operation, allowing every input to have a chance of its data reaching the combined NMEA output. Tested up to and beyond a combined 400% loading of the four inputs.
4-1 multiplexer - takes 4 nmea inputs and combines into single output. Useful for complex NMEA systems. Device can also be programmed by PC to mask sentences etc.